My Favorite Books

Tuesday, December 27, 2022

Christmas 2022!

As with most bloggers, we (OK, maybe just me??) have been defunct in posting...but that's ok...for the most part this blog is my journal for the year.  So what have we been up to?  Preparing for the close of 2022!  For the first time in two years, my kids were able to be here, IN PERSON, for our annual Christmas Eve celebration!  Yes, I was so excited...of course we ate, ate some more, took pics, ate, opened presents and ate dessert!  So here is our 2022 Christmas with my kids...I'll be posting other projects I'm doing later this week!  





Our little family!




Jeff and Dawn






Darrin and Kris




Darrin and his family



Nick and his girlfriend, Braylon...and yes, I have a great picture of Nick later in this post!







Yes, lots of food...we usually each bring 4, 5 or 6! different appetizers vs having a big dinner!  Yes, all of these dishes make for a big dinner!!!  Such fun and filling!!! 

 

My daughter-in-law, Kris made this peanut butter pie!  Oh my!



And my daughter, Dawn, did a recipe twist on Hello Dollo Cookies by using a chocolate cookie crust vs graham cracker crust!  Really good!!!!



Of course, each of us made a trays of cookies!  Oh my gosh...I have so many cookies left in the freezer!



this is Braylon, Nick's girlfriend, and she's a sweetheart.  Darrin and Kris got Nick two tickets to the Red Wings Hockey game January 4th. so  Braylon is all set for the game, at least with her hat!

Amber got two tickets to the PINK concert in August!  She got a cool Pink T shirt too....she was really excited!  So happy for both kids...these were special gifts from their parents!



And yes, my grandson, does smile!




Kalee was SO bored or tired!  HA




Eating of course!


Just some of the appetizers...Dawn made pizza bread that was fantastic!




These are really good veggie baked appetizers...I love them.  Trader Joe's!



My counter was FULL!!!!!  And it's a long counter!

















And my sweetheart, Amber, showing off her PINK concert tickets!  

It was wonderful having the kids in person again!  We are so blessed to have a great family...we did miss Bob's kids but Ron (Bob's son) and wife, MJ, will be here to watch the college championship game in January!  Looking forward to seeing them.  We did get to talk Christmas Day but will be nice to see them in person!  Happy New Year to all my readers, if any remain!  

4 comments:

  1. Still here Robbie! xoxox Roberta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, I see a food coma setting in for the afternoon! zzzzz...... That is some wonderful spread and so many good recipes. What a happy gathering. I'm going with tired, not bored, for Kalee. Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad your kids could be with you! And man, do you guys know how to eat! It looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That last anonymous is me, Sherrie Loves Color. Don't know why it's making me anonymous.

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!