My Favorite Books

Thursday, October 6, 2022

Nope, I'm still here!!!



I am still alive and, yep, I'm still knitting...but haven't in a few days.  Actually, My sister and Nancy have been on a tour of Egypt for the past 10 days!  They've had some great experiences but my sister said they should have done this tour when they were 50!!!  Folks were dropping off left and right from some of the tours due to the ups and downs and walking required.  But MaryAnn and Nancy hung in there...even with a slight cold!  They are troopers!  So, I've been waiting for Mary Ann to get back and catch up to me in knitting.  I'm not that far ahead of her so she'll catch up quickly...then we start on the hard part!  HA








I am also working on the Language of Flowers online class with Hilary.  It really is interesting and I'm anxious to get started on the quilting and creating a piece....but...I figured I needed to do a practice piece first.  I decided to use this flower picture to trace/draw....














I'm using an old pillow case for the background (dots!)...the lace piece is from my flea market find.  Other pieces are from my stash.  





Just playing around with different layouts.


I am going to use the first layout and not this one.  Looks like an 'E'!  HA

Once I get the collage fused and sewn down, then I'll trace the flower and start stitching.  

But in-between knitting, making this collage, I'm helping set up for our local library book sale next week!  It's a lot of effort but we're lucky to have a great leader who is very organized.  Yes, she (her name is Amy!) and I get along very well....go figure you say!  HA






I also made some book marks to hand out to the kids or even adults.  I have lots of card stock that I've either stamped, dyed or printed on.  What better use then to sew edges of two pieces of card stock, punch hole and add a ribbon.  I only have about 18-20 made so far.  Hope to get more made as our book sale is next week.  

And speaking of our book sale, I've put together a youtube video that we can post on social media.  Hope you enjoy our little library and the effort the friends group put forth!












2 comments:

  1. What a pretty rose color. An Egypt tour- they are intrepid for sure! And what a huge effort goes into the book sale. Good job on the video.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it……you are as busy as ever which is what we all should strive for!!

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!