My Favorite Books

Monday, October 31, 2022

It's Recipe Time!


Well, it is fall after all!  So my post on FB and here are mainly about bagging leaves!  HA  I'm not sure what else I have been putting in a lot of effort in but....leaves are one chore!  This is the last tree in our yard that needs to drop its leaves!  I am sure our neighbor is looking forward to not seeing them in their yard (that's there house behind the tree!).  Bob and I do rake in their yard to pick up leaves.  We try to be a good neighbor!

The other, so called chore, is  making new recipes from the web site Half Baked Harvest!  I love her recipes and have two of her books.  If you enjoy trying new recipes, sign up for her emails.  I'm posting just a few of the ones I've made over the past few months...YUM!



Rosemary Chicken and Avocado Bacon Pitas with Honey Feta Sauce:  Don't let the Feta throw you if you're not a fan.  I used 2 ounces of Feta and 1/2 cup sour cream!  Perfect!  This was excellent!

Crockpot crispy chicken tinga tacos with Jalapeno Avocado Crema:  Another excellent meal!!!  OMG...so good!!!!  Yes, I love her Mexican recipes...one more coming!

Weeknight Cheesy Baked Chipotle Chicken Tacos with Cilantro Lime Ranch:  Similar to above but also SO good!!!

Slow Cooker Mustard herb Chicken and creamy Orzo:  I used rice (I made ahead) instead of Orzo and sour cream instead of heavy cream.  Another winner!!!

Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast:  OK, I cheated and just used a store bought spinach dip for the filling!  This was delicious!!!  I only used one chicken breast (large) which I cut in half then sliced half for the stuffing.  Not a Harvest recipe either....

I still had a small piece of chicken left over so  I made Bob a gourmet sandwich tonight!  I put some Jalapeno jelly on once side of a ciabatta bread, one slice of white cheddar cheese, some sliced apples and the left over piece of chicken (sliced).   (I used Ciabatta Roll - take & bake - you bake room temp roll for 5 min.  After it cooled, I added ingredients then wrapped in foil and kept in warm oven for about 10 min.)  YUM!!!

One Pan Maple Dijon chicken and Butternut Squash:  This was so easy to prep in the a.m. and just toss the squash in oven first, then I put the chicken on the opposite side of the squash (her recipe says to lay chicken on top of squash but I wanted them separate!).  This wasn't from Half Baked Harvest....but really a good recipe! 




I am also knitting a row now and then!  Christmas target date??  I hope~!

ENJOY being Betty Crocker!  Do let me know if you made one or more of the recipes!!! 

3 comments:

  1. Keeping up with the leaves is a challenge. Your knitting looks terrific so far. The first recipe in your list sounds like a winner, so I'm sure the others are as well. Will check out that site- thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The back part of my yard is wooded so I can just blow the leaves into the woods which is very nice. No bagging needed. The city picks up the leaves, but it would be more work to get them to the curb.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want you to cook for me! I love reading recipes but that's usually as far as it goes. Yours sound delish!

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!