My Favorite Books

Sunday, October 23, 2022

Fall is here!

One of our trees in the front yard...
yes, our leaves blow into our
neighbors yard (white van)..we do
try to rake as many as we can!  Have
to be neighborly, right!

 And that means it's time to start bagging leaves again!  We only bagged 3 today...beautiful weather here in Michigan the past few days...temps from 60-75!  Yesterday, we were going to rake leaves but it was so windy I just cut back my hosta plants in the back yard.  I don't normally cut them back until spring but we have bunnies that like to visit our yard at night and the dogs go crazy!

I have been busy the past month helping with our Friends group prepare for our book sale, which was a great success!  We raised around $1000, which isn't bad at all!!  Our next sale won't be until spring so we'll have somewhat of a break!







In between time, I'm still knitting..although, I did go 6 days without touching my needles!  The pics below show some of the progress...I'm only on row 30 or 31 or 69 rows!  And the color isn't really showing up it's true color...This was my start.....



And this is a closeup of the funky SPIKELET stitch...those little bobbles!  



It has a similar ruffle neckline as my first lace top but not as tight.  My sister was on vacation (tour of Egypt!!) so we are both caught up and around the same row knitting.  Always fun to knit with her!!!














And check out my mandevilla vine!!!  I brought it inside when night time temps dropped to 55.  She's doing so well!!!  I am determined to not set her back like I did last year!  











She even has a flower budding!  















I made a purchase that is helping me keep her alive!!  Last year I either over watered or didn't water enough...and repotting and fertilizing this plant just about did her in!
I love this meter! Works so good!  Of course it's an Amazon purchase!  Go figure!

So now it's time for Lions football and knitting and maybe a glass of wine later!  I have my veggies all washed and marinating and my Parmesan Oven-Fried Chicken all ready to toss in the oven at half time so dinner will be ready when the game is over!  Works for me!



3 comments:

  1. That's a beautiful tree! Everyone's fall photos seem to show quite vibrant color this year. And those lovely warm days to go with it- ahhhh. You've got the dinner timing right down to enjoy the game. Good luck with your Mandevilla- that meter should help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous tree! I do miss the fall colors since I moved here. Your knitting is so intricate, and I love the idea of knitting along with your sister.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That last comment was from me, Sherrie Loves Color. I don't know why it made me anonymous!

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!