My Favorite Books

Monday, August 10, 2009

Breaking Traditions 2009

So my two best buds and I are finished with our 'Home' 12"x12" quilt for the Breaking Traditions traveling exhibit (see my previous blog entry) to donate to A Place To Bark animal rescue. I'm mailing our entries in today.

My bud, Carol, was the first to finish! Her piece is called SUNLIT! Isn't she cool! Carol is working on a larger piece for our Art of Nature exhibit which will resemble Sunlit. Carol painted her piece then enclosed it in a house shape.

Here is a close up of the detail of her painting and machine stitching. Nice job isn't it! Click on the picture to see the detail.
This my my other best bud, Mary, with Homer's House! Homer is Mary's grand daughters dog but lives with Mary. He's a sweetheart. Mary is going to give this to her great, grand daughter since she and Homer are best buds!


Check out all the detail and hand stitching in this piece. There are little bone buttons on the bottom left; buttons in the trees and Homer hanging out the dog house window is just so sweet!!! Check out Mary's web site. She does beautiful work and is certainly an inspiration to us.

And this is my finished piece Our House is now a Home! I really had fun working on this piece. I've been wanting to use light weight metal in another piece and this seemed to fit. I had some left over painted fusible web I put on the roof and added beading on the sun and trees along with hand stitching for the grass.


You might be able to see the beading in the sun a little better if you click on the picture. This was a new design I've been playing with from my Margret Ball's book.


1 comment:

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!