My Favorite Books

Saturday, November 12, 2016

Holidays - Christmas and Valentines Day

Yep, I've put up the Christmas tree already!  Actually, it took me three days...one day to gather all the decorations and move into the family room; another day to put together the artificial tree and the last day to decorate the tree!  And here is it!  All done!

I wanted something different this year from the traditional tree I usually put up.  The kids will be here Thanksgiving weekend and I always like to have a Christmas atmosphere for them since we don't get to see them at Christmas.

I've also continued to make headway on my Valentine fiber card!  Woo hoo!  This shows the 40+ cards all trimmed.








Next up I printed out the address labels onto the iron on interfacing!



Here the labels are cut since I only get two labels per 8 1/2" x 11" sheet.  











And now I have a production line started up!  I need to iron on the label(s) then add decorative stitching on each edge.  This is a production for sure!  I usually either listen to my book on tape/Ipod or watch some shows I have Tivo'd!


I will be nice in January  to not have the card making hanging over my head when we get to Florida.  I'm hoping they'll all be finished and just waiting for the stamps!  Who  knows...I may even buy the stamps and put those on as well!  Then all I have to do is mail around the 1st of February!  Sounds like a plan to me!

9 comments:

  1. You are so busy! You always amaze me at how much you get done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good grief…..you are setting high standards for the rest of us……inspired by your good energy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving/Christmas! Love that postcard production process. Can't wait til you can show this year's design.

    The frost was on our pumpkins this morning. Our first freeze. Bye-Bye bugs!
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tree is beautiful...we put ours up this week also.......can't wait to see the finished Valentines...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness! You are a whirlwind of productivity and I am so far behind. Your Christmas tree is lovely and how wonderful to have family to share Thanksgiving with. Your fabric Valentine postcards are such a gift of yourself. You really are getting them done with time to spare. Holiday Happiness Dear...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your tree looks so beautiful. And the post cards- I'm so impressed that you got way ahead on those! You'll be sitting pretty with time on your hands! Ha- never!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so organized and ahead of the game! I'm inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ahh your tree is gorgeous and so very pretty .it shows your lots of concern and effort you have put in dear .
    best of luck for your plans ahead

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!