Progress on Hilary's Language of Flowers online class.
Hard to see but I finished the quilting on the collage...At least I think you can see some of the quilting. It needed to blend into the background as our flower stitching is to be the main focus.
This is the back so you can see the quilting that's on the front!
I used a water soluble material I've had for ages! I wasn't sure it would even dissolve in water but it did! Yes, I did a practice piece first!
Using a deep green/gray Signature thread I had. Seems to work well.
I added stitching of leaves....not the greatest piece but now I know what I need to do when using this technique in the future.
I'll make sure my tracing is easier to see on whatever tracing paper or soluble material I use. The tracing kept disappearing as I was quilting.
This is the back of the piece.
This shows the tracing I was using. The background was changed from when I took this picture but you get the idea on how the stitching 'should' have looked! HA
I'm happy with results...interesting process and as they say "it looks good from a 747"! HA
A pretty piece and the stitching looks good front and back!ReplyDelete
I always love the look of silhouette motifs…..esp. the subtle appearance of stitching with black thread.ReplyDelete