My Favorite Books

Monday, June 13, 2022

String Art Piece Finished!

 


This piece has been in the making for a year or two or three!  Bob stapled it to a wrap around canvas for me this past week!!!  



Bob working on getting the piece even on the canvas. 





We ended up using Textile Medium to glue the middle of the piece to the canvas, let dry then we could stretch the sides and bottom around for Bob to staple!   That's my beaded squirrel that Bob stapled to another canvas.  He wanted to see how he did the last one!
















This was the original string art on layout paper.



I use soy wax and dyes to give it some color


Of course I had to make it brighter, so I added some Gelato crayons (by Faber-Castell).



Next the fun part picking out threads.  I used Madeira Lana and Sulky 12wt  threads, layered with batting and starting stitching!






Thread colors matched pretty good!




Slow progress since I made the original string art in 2019!



Tons of stitching!





Added border just to get it to fit a canvas.  I would have preferred to not have a border but unless I built my own canvas this had to do!



Quite a difference from the original.  HA

So now I can concentrate on my Horse #3 and knitting!  Until I get sidetracked with another project!  HA








5 comments:

  1. This went through a lot of stages to become the beautiful piece it is! I'm like Bob- I'll do something successfully but then need to "refresh" when it comes time to repeat it. "How did that go again?" is my mantra!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! I had forgotten about this technique. I need to give it a try. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! You are an incredible artist! Miss you and Bob here in our palms.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely amazing. Usually I don’t rush to a blog post but I had to this morning. It was worth every step.
    Love …love….LOVE it! Beth Sherman

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’ve always admired your string art….our small group spent a day several years ago playing with this technique…..no ‘art’ was achieved but it was sure fun.

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!