My Favorite Books

Thursday, June 9, 2022

Knitting the Summer Tee

 



I am finally getting to do some knitting with baseball on at night!  I am usually too busy during the daytime to knit, plus I feel guilty  if I sit during the day (yes, it's because I was raised Catholic   HA)

Even though this is a summer tee, I'm making the sleeves a tad longer. The yarn is very light weight and the pattern is different.



This is the yarn I'm using and to my delight, my sister is also making the same top!  So much fun working together on a knitting project with 1000+ miles between us!  We do quite a bit of texting, calling, etc. when we run into a knitting problem!

I have to say, so far working from the chart for the lace, this has been an easy pattern for lace!  I'm so glad we both decided to go back to reading charts vs row by row instructions. 

So much easier to find where you made a mistake or extra stitch, etc. 







The lace is a pretty pattern and quite different from the last top I made.  The next picture shows the neckline...this picture the neck is at the bottom!  The tee is knitted from top to bottom.













This gives you a better idea and matches the pattern picture!  HA  Slowly progressing but I'm enjoying the process, so far!  


2 comments:

  1. Speaking from someone that doesn’t knit….WOW….this is super impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty top this is going to be!

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!