My Favorite Books

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

For a good cause...


I've been a follower of Karen Stiehl Osborn for sometime now. Karen is a mixed media artist as well as photographer and a rescue MOM for Hands, Hearts & Paws in NE. You have to check out some of her foster dogs on her blog. The pictures are enough to melt the coldest of hearts! Karen put a request on a recent blog post for fiber artists to create ATC's for Hands, Hearts & Paws to raise money for some of their costs this year. These are two that I made and sent off to Karen this afternoon. They are made of purple ultra suede; metal for the inner heart and I printed out a smaller size of the puppies from a coloring book. I then painted the black in some of the areas and finished the ATC's off. Karen will have some of the ATC's on her web site so make sure to sign up for her blog updates and perhaps even donate an ATC or purchase one! It's for such a good cause and Karen does so much already. I'm glad I could contribute just a little of my time...it certainly can't touch what the volunteers for animal rescues do on a daily basis. Where would our furry friends be without these dedicated and caring people! Thanks, Karen for all that you do!!

1 comment:

  1. You are certainly right about rescue volunteers. The Pet Refuge is my charity of choice. My grandkids laugh when I say don't wait for me to die to make you rich cause its all goin to the dogs. ~lol~

    Happy Thanksgiving.
    The ATC are unique and clever.

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!