My Favorite Books

Friday, November 18, 2011


Awhile back I talked about the trade I was doing with one of my Internet blog friends, Sally, from Sally's Stuff! I made Sally a purple cuff I beaded on the loom and look what I got in the mail last week!! Three thermofax screens Sally made me!! I'm so excited to try these screens out! I sent Sally a jpg of a palm leaf and she ended up making me three different sizes of the leaf! How cool is that!!
THANK you so much, Sally!!!! Sally was in Houston for the big IQA festival but she's not updated her blog recently. I sure hope she made it back home to Australia! Be sure to check out her blog and her wonderful work!
I'm finishing up some laundry, baking cookies and set up for our fiber Christmas party here at the house tomorrow (Saturday). I always look forward to this time with the women...we just have some show and tell and LOTS of food! Everyone brings a dish to pass and each lady is a great cook. I made Russian tea cakes and my chocolate chip plantation creme cookies today. Tomorrow I'll make my corn salsa which is so good with chips! Another Foodnetwork magazine recipe! I just hope I don't gain back some of the weight I've lost!! Oh well...too bad if I do, right!

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see what you do with those screens. And all the baking and foodmaking... well you'll be down riding your bike again soon, right? 'Tis the season... and it's not easy to avoid the goodies. Have a wonderful time with your group tomorrow. Thanks for your comments on The Girls of Christmas banner.. it was fun to make.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Robbie! I'm so pleased they arrived in one piece. My DH is worth his weight in gold!

    I'm sitting in Melbourne airport at the moment, on my way home! I've had the best trip and I'll start to blog about it tomorrow - all the Internet connections I've had have been so slow I got frustrated and gave up! I won't try now - I've had 3 hours sleep in 36 so I don't think I would make too much sense.

    Hugz

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow....I wish I could say I was cheering for those darn Lions.......I had enough to worry about the Packers today!

    Turkey day is going to be very interesting.......!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!