 |
45" x 43"
|
Yes, it's finished!!!! It's been a long journey but I'm glad I 'stuck' with it. I really did enjoy all the hand work making the hex pieces. Attaching it was a little difficult handling the quilt and trying to applique the hex entire piece to a quilted top.
I found this Tula Pink fabric at a local quilt shop,
Q's Quilting, which I thought was perfect for the binding. All my hex color wheel colors! Nicole, the owner of Q's, was so nice helping me pick out the background fabric and reordering add'l yardage. A really nice quilt shop in Ortonville!
The hard part was joining each bias strip so the color pattern was continuous! Sounds easy but sure taxed my pea brain. I am glad I took the time...it would have bugged me to see two pink stripes next to each other! HA
I had a small piece of hex fabric sewn together so I decided to use that piece for the label! Worked out pretty good. I almost forgot about a label! I've been away from quilt making way too long!
I decided to use the leftover bias strips to make the sleeve for the back! Well, that was a fun day long process or was it days? HA I sewed together different size strips then cut the the size I needed. You get the idea in this picture. BUT I did a really, really dumb thing when putting on the sleeve. Not sure WHAT I was thinking...but apparently I wasn't thinking! I always allow for a small gap so the sleeve doesn't pull on the quilt. But I placed the sleeve about 1 1/4" from the top!!!! Hmmmmmmm
It needs to be closer to the bottom of the binding on the top of the quilt. Who knew! I did! DUH!!! Tells you how long ago I made a large quilt doesn't it! So, guess I'll be removing the sleeve, and reattaching! Actually, we need to get a different rod/hanging unit because this quilt is larger than the previous one I have in the master bath. So I have time before we're ready to hang it. Did I mention no one will see this quilt again! HA We don't get many visitors and hardly no one goes in the master bath! HA
I started this project around January this year which you can see the first post here. I have 864 hex pieces in this quilt and I have 3 triangles left over (108 hex)! Lots of hex pieces. Not sure what I'll do with the left over triangles..but a good reminder of what fun I had! Think it's time to start another knitting project or work on a beading project I started about a month ago!? Who knows!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!