My Favorite Books

Friday, August 9, 2024

Summer Project #3 Finished

I finally finished all the hand embroidery on Dawn's surprise scarf...it's for her BD in September (20th) so I'm quite happy it's finished  and with weeks to spare!  I told Dawn I was making something for her BD that was: 1) not beaded, 2) not knitted and 3) not quilted!  HA
It measures around 15" x 48"

Before I show individual pics, I want to give a shout out to Nancy, a textile bud from Florida, for a great suggestion!  I was drawing the designs I wanted to hand embroider on the linen, which works ok...but the chalk or pencil either fads off or I need to remove the lines to change the design. 

 Nancy sent me an email and asked if I ever used Stick'nStitch by Sulky.  She mentioned you can print any design on the paper then just lay/stick on your project and stitch away!

Of course, I had to order and try this suggestion!  I was quite happy with how easy it was to print out and stitch!  Stitching for the most part wasn't that bad.  I use Chenille needles and #5 Perle Cotton yarn for embroidery, so I did use pliers to pull the thread through a few times, but it really wasn't that bad.  I'd use this transfer paper again for this type of project and I'm sure I'll find other uses for it as well.

  A big THANK YOU, Nancy, for the suggestion.  If you don't know Nancy's blog, do take a few minutes and pop over!  She does so many mixed media & quilting projects.  Nancy always comes up with something new that she shares with her groups and blog readers!  




The black linen doesn't show up very well in the pictures.....nor do the threads...

The blue is a turquoise that is so bright and pretty.  I tried to use it a lot in the piece.




Again, lavender center and the greens are so much brighter in person.  

I need to talk with my daughter, the photographer!, how to adjust on my phone.  I know it has something to do with 'white' something!  HA



I did french knots for flower center



Lots of lavender, bright greens....but you get the idea!



I'm happy with the butterflies...again...color is sad.



Will I make another one?  Who knows...I have my first example piece I started so I may finish it or who knows!

Now on to my next knitting project.  Nick's book is all done and I'll post pics of it later.  I'm happy with that project as well.  Only have the Cyano print project #2,  left to finish, which I work on from time to time.  Still making hexes!  



1 comment:

  1. Well, WOW! You put that product to the test right away. I'm so glad you found it helpful. Mine is still in the package. Your stitches are beautiful and she will have a one-of-a-kind designer scarf. And it's done. Ahead of time. High marks for you.

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!