My Favorite Books

Monday, June 16, 2014

Unfinished Business

No, I don't have any more UFO's to show as unfinished business....first, last week was the end of school for the year for Nick and Amber.  I posted two weeks ago attending Amber's honor awards ceremony but last Monday I had our Fiber Study group at my house so I couldn't attend Nick's!  This is Nick in the dark shirt when he was giving his Texting and Driving presentation a few weeks back, that I did attend.
Because I want to have it documented on my blog (so grandma can remember years from now!)....this is what his mom/my DIL wrote:
"We attended Nick’s 5th grade honors ceremony/farewell celebration this afternoon– Nick also received silver honors for his (3) years of academics for honors in 3rd, 4th and 5th grade. He too has reached a milestone and is moving on from Clear Lake Elementary to Oxford Middle School as a member of the graduating class of 2021! "   

Seems to me Kris also said he rec'd 3 different awards...I just don't remember what all they were!  I'm pretty sure one was for his 'Texting' presentation.  Bad Grandma!  Anyway, a shout out to Nick for all his hard work too!!!
And today starts my week being a guest blogger on And Then We Set It On Fire blog.  The entire month of June is devoted to guest bloggers posting on different ways to sun print.  I'm posting on using SolarFast (sun-developed dye)  for printing.  I've posted last August here on my own blog, about my first use of this product.   I had a ball playing with it all over again when we returned from Florida.  Check it out!  

And go back, if you haven't seen the other posts starting the first week in June, to see other products and techniques for sun printing.  In fact, grab a cup of coffee (or wine if it's 4 o'clock!) and check out older posts.  There's so much to read about and tips to pick up even if you've used a fiber or mixed media technique in the past.  Enjoy!  

1 comment:

  1. Nice year end awards. And good post on the Set it on Fire blog!

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!