My Favorite Books

Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Some Mono Printing






 These are some of my mono prints from this week using the Gelli plate.  I had some papers previously printed that I wanted something on the backs of them.  Good way to play and practice.  I just used any acrylic paint or Set-a-color opaque paint to print with.

This was a ghost print from the one below that I ended up adding some painted bubble wrap and paint.






The first print was for the feathers outline..then I painted over a ghost print from another print!  You can see what it looked like in the second pic below before I added the blue print.




This was a ghost print from the print below.





A before print (see 2nd pic above for the finished pics).  I downloaded some out of order and too lazy to reload!  :)




Nothing great...just some bubble wrap and smearing from leftover plate on the gelli plate.




Had to use up the pink paint!




I love working with feathers on the gelli plate!





I took the wet feathers from the print above and laid on top of the white feathers...putting them a little off center of each feather.



  The first print with the feathers 






And, again, took the feathers and laid on top of the papers and printed.






The feather ones turned out really nice!  These are all 8"x10"






Just playing with leftover paints and feathers!  Fun hour or two and the backs of my papers have some cool designs printed on them.  


3 comments:

  1. My mouth is watering…..so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The feathers make wonderful designs. And you get prints from prints, and combos and ghosts- it's endless what you can do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The offset feather prints are stunning, and so are the rest! I especially love the pink prints.

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!