My Favorite Books

Tuesday, November 20, 2018

My Next Hex Project? I think not!

Mary (from The Inside Stori) was kind enough to send me a link to this hex quilt created around 1845!  I'm a tad behind in reading my AQS newsletter so I'm so glad she did!  Here is a link to the article:  Antique English Quilt.

The AQS article said these are 1/4" hex piece!  1/4"!!!!  I was reading some of the comments from folks who saw this quilt in person and they agreed that the hex pieces were small.  One comment was "the hexies are not even as big as my index fingernail! ".

I would love to see this quilt in person.  I just can't imagine working that small and making 45,000 hex's!!!  Do check out the link to see more detail.  Thanks Mary for bringing it to my attention.  At least I know what I 'will not' be making in my lifetime!!

3 comments:

  1. Oh Robbie…..knowing you I expect a tiny hexie idea floating in your mind before too long. The overall size may not be as grand as the almost carpet like looking quilt but really…..you won’t be able to resist trying 1/4” hexies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yowzer! 1/4"? Come on now. This must be the embodiment of the word obsessive. Along with ingenious. Imagine the mind that could envision this pattern in those tiny hexies, and then execute it. Spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no. I bet Charlene can talk you into it1

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!