My Favorite Books

Friday, September 7, 2018

Is it February yet??

The past two years I've started on my fiber Valentine cards before fall.  I have to say it makes life easier come February, if I  start them earlier.  The winter holiday's and preparing for Florida seem to take up  the majority of my time so I don't get to do a lot of sewing.  Once again, I've started early on my cards.  AND THIS IS MY LAST YEAR TO MAKE FIBER VALENTINE CARDS for friends and family.  There...I said it....and I mean it this year! 

Obviously, I won't show some of the cards I've already made but will show some of my process!  I'm using Margarita's (from Margas Crafts) method to make paper/fabric.  You can see the start of my process here.

This is the back of the paper/fabric collage sheets which measure 8 1/2" x 11" each.
                                                                                                 
                                                                                                                        And the front!









Next I painted the pieces with Set-a-Color paints and when dry applied foil, using a stencil to create some pattern.









And now the fun begins!  Cutting out and sewing on!






















                          Here's a sneak peek!   Next preview showing will be February 2019!!!  Hopefully, they will all be finished WAY before then!


So if I don't blog about 'what I'm doing', you'll know I am doing something!   I only have 60-65 fiber cards to make...but this is my LAST year......did I say that before!  Honest, it really is!!!  I promise this won't be a  'fake news' post!

5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh Robbie…I’m struggling to just get through the ‘to-do’ tasks for the next couple of days…..thinking ahead to Feb. - Well….I’m awe struck by your organization!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I would guess that with 60 to 65 cards to make you HAVE to start early. Well, I'm working on Halloween!!
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting process. Your hearts look pink when cut out, but more white in the foiling photo. Did you paint after foiling? Is it muslin you put over top of the paper clippings? Most interesting. You are ahead of the game for sure, but it's fall, so the clock starts ticking down for your travels!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Robbie,
    You did a *wonderful* job! I LOVE your idea of the hearts as a focal point in your cards. I am glad you are enjoying this technique.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am in awe of your determination and early preparedness. I always love and am so very grateful to receive one of your magical fabric postcards. I can understand why this is your LAST year! Is this your last Year? 60-65 is a lot! Fall is in the air...<3

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!