My Favorite Books

Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Hex Circle's Project

I showed this pattern in my last post and did you notice I've given it a name?  Hex Circle's!  I know...not very clever...but honestly, most times I don't even name my quilts!  At least this way I can identify the hex piece I'm working on!

It was pretty easy to pick out the colors I wanted for the circle and half circles since I've been making hex's in turquoise, orange and yellows!  Not sure why!  HA













Laying out hex's for the circle.  It says 'greens' on the paper because originally I was going to do an applique quilt and use color wheel for my inspiration.  That didn't last long!










I finished sewing the half circles and started this week putting together the full circles!  The orange is brighter than what you see in this picture.











This is the container I use for keeping my  hex supplies and  fabric..   Keeps them organized so I can carry from the sewing room, out on the deck or in the LR to watch TV and sew.
























Hubby cut a 14" piece of plywood for me several years ago, which I then glued a rubber mat on it.  That mat keeps my supplies from slipping off as I sew.  Works a lot better than my lap! I've used this so called mat for all my hand work..embroidery and even beading.







I like the orange and blues/turquoise colors together.  Don't ask...I haven't a clue what I'll do for the rest of the design!  But I will be making the background/foreground?? in one piece.  I'll then cut out the circles/half circles just as I did with my first horse hex.  At least, that's one option!




The blue/turquoise and 1st set of the large orange circle hex's are all sewn together.  Now to make some more darker orange for the fourth full circle.  I may even make hex's for the solid areas of the piece .  Then I could make some type of circle pieces to applique around the circles.  Just thought of that as I was adding this pictures.  See...I said I wasn't sure what I would do for the background!  But I forever change my mind so I guess we'll see!



6 comments:

  1. Well this is fascinating! When you showed the drawing and mentioned hexes, my mind could not compute where you are taking this. But it's underway and as usual, your work is imaginative and wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, this is cool. It looks pretty 3D so far. I used a tray i picked up at Walmart for lapwork. I need sides to catch my stuff. I glued faux suede to the bottom (top). What is the gismo that your thread is in? I don't think I have ever seen one. I use an 1-1/2 Creative Memories hex punch, to make papers that I punch out of the advertisement cards that are stuck in magazines and come in the mail. I just make them when I feel like it with no plan in mind. Someday I'll figure I'll have enough for a quilt. Only 3 million more to go, lol.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving the colours and I can see that you design as you go just like I do. I am looking forward to seeing the result.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the looks of this so far. Of course, you are using my favorite color combo. Can’t wait to see what you do with the rest of it.

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!