My Favorite Books

Thursday, June 21, 2018

Blogger fixed?

So this is the latest note from correcting the Blogger update issue with blog owners not receiving emails.  I'm testing and hope it works!!!    I actually deleted and then re-added my email and I did receive an invite (which you need to click on the 'subscribe' button).  Make sure you hit 'save' on top when you delete and re add your email.  This is the note that was on the blogger forum:


Hi everyone,


Thank you for your patience. I'm happy to inform you all that the email notifications for comments capability is now functioning with some additional improvements:


What's changed:
When an email address is added in the Comment moderation (Settings > Posts, comments and sharing > Comment moderation), Comment Notification Emails (Settings > Email > Comment Notification Email), or Email posts to (Settings > Email > Email posts to) fields, notifications are not necessarily enabled as they were before. Instead, if an email address is added to these fields, an email is sent inviting the email owner to either accept or decline the subscription. If the owner accepts, they will receive email notifications on new posts/comments. If the owner declines, the email address will be immediately removed from the field in their Settings.


Please note that when you enter an email alias that includes multiple members (for example: myclub@googlegroups.com), all members of the group will receive the invitation to either accept or decline the subscription.


When email notifications are sent, an unsubscribe link will also be available at the bottom of the email, should the recipient(s) wish to opt-out. Therefore, if any member of a group alias clicks the 'Unsubscribe' link, the entire group alias will be unsubscribed.


Thank you again for your patience as we worked on these improvements!


Please let us know if you have any questions.


Best,
Kelly, Blogger Community Manager

8 comments:

  1. Ok. I am going to post to see what happens. thanks. The info is making the rounds.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Robbie....my setting were correct....so I resubmitted my email address and saved....heard nothing back....not sure I was supposed to..... Will see if it now works!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been MIA from blogging because we are finally packing and moving forward to our Sunset Years. Summer Solstice Bliss...xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sadly, I did everything outlined - TWICE….got no ‘invitation’ and still am not getting any comment notifications. grrrrrr!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really have NO idea what Blogger was trying to explain to us! I did go to my settings, delete my email address (under notifications), saved that setting, went back in added my email address (the exact same one), and saved again. I’m hoping that will work. I DID get an email “saying” I had asked for email notifications. Fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Robbie, what fun we're all having Lol! Lets hope it gets sorted now. Saw your comment on my blog so just thought I'd stop by. Have a great crafty week, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whoa! Thanks Robbie! I have followed the steps you laid out....did get the invite (and accepted) so hopefully that has it all sorted out. Up until recently it was just a select few whose comments were not arriving in my inbox....but then suddenly I found that I was getting none at all. Thanks again..much appreciated. Stay cool!

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!