My Favorite Books

Friday, May 11, 2018

How lucky am I!

Yep, I am very lucky in several ways....and a few weeks ago I was notified via email that I had won an original watercolor and graphite painting by Val Webb!  Here is a picture I took from her post.  It's called 'March Hare' and I love it!!!  It's so delicate looking isn't it!!  I love it!   Thanks so much Val!!

  We were still in Florida when Val emailed me on my 'win' so I had her mail the painting to my neighbor as I was afraid it would get caught between our mail being forward to Florida, held in Michigan and forwarded mail back to Michigan!  HA  Good call on my part.   I was quite excited when we arrived home and the painting was here!  I love it!  I'm going to have it mounted so I can hang in my sewing room.
I showed on my previous post Traveler Journal I was making.  Well, I mailed one off to Val as a thank you for for my March Hare! 

Here is the front....









This is the back.   The black around the middle is a piece of elastic cord to hold the journal together.

















And the inside with two triangle pockets.  The background fabric was a piece of commercial fabric I stamped. 




This was before I added eyelets and elastic to hold the books or water color paper.










I added folded watercolor paper on the left side and a paper journal on the right side.  I hope Val can use this.  And she can add her own books as they just slip through the elastic cord.  Easy!

 If you aren't familiar with Val's work, you need to check out her blog here.   A few years ago, I took an online watercolor lettering class from her and really enjoyed it.  You can see my post and first 'work' here.    Here are some pieces I did....




Will I ever be an artist like Val or some of her followers?  Nope, but I did have fun playing and Val's lessons were so easy to follow.   I have several friends who use watercolors for their painting(s) so I know they'll be impressed and jealous I won the March Hare! 




4 comments:

  1. What fun to just luck out and win this beautiful painting! It is so soft and appealing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a beautiful painting! I especially enjoy paintings and art work featuring rabbits, bunny's, and hare's. The return gift you gave her is beautiful and very useful, I'm sure she will appreciate it. I don't know what else I would call you except an artist!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Bunny Watercolor you now possess. How very sweet of you to gift her a lovely hand crafted journal. I buy the watercolors however they do not perform their jobs for me. ;o(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucky you to win the beautiful watercolor. The journal is so pretty. She will definitely love it. Did you post about making the journal or others? The fabric you used is wonderful.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!