My Favorite Books

Friday, November 24, 2017

Preparing for Christmas

I'll be busy today cooking or prepping food for a visit with the kids.  They are driving up from Indiana to spend the weekend!  We are really looking forward to spending time with them.  Of course the guys will be watching the Michigan/Ohio foot ball game! 

I like to have the house decorated for Christmas when the kids visit.  We won't see them at Christmas so this will be our Christmas!  I actually had the tree up this past weekend.  So I'm all done with that part of the holidays! 


Hard part is putting all the extra boxes and 'stuff' back!  I mainly decorate down in our family room and our storage unit is under the stairs.  So I don't really have far to go to put stuff away!




We'll have our house decorated until the evening of  December 25th!  Bob's daughter and hubby come Christmas day for dinner and gifts and when they leave at night I have most of the tree/decorations taken down before they get to their home!  They only live about 20 min. from us.  We pack our clothes the next day (26th) and I finish up laundry so I have to put everything away the day before so the house is back to normal.  I don't want to come home in the spring to Christmas decorations!  We leave on the 27th....grass doesn't grow under my feet!

2 comments:

  1. You manage to get it all done beautifully, AND efficiently! The timing is pretty tight. The tree looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tree is beautiful.....we've had all our stuff up also as our daughter was here for Thanksgiving but not Christmas...Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!