My Favorite Books

Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Where have I been? Don't know!!

Geezzz  It's been over a week since I posted last, which is highly unusual for me!  But life does get in the way and other priorities happen.  HA


The deck is done!!!  Woo hoo!   Only problem, we are invaded with Box Elder bugs!!!  They are covering the north, east and south sides of the house!  UGH!!!!! 

I tried to sit out yesterday and when I removed the seat cover on the chair, there were a slew of those bugs! 









I don't like to use insecticides so Dawn detergent and water do kill them but holy heck!  It's a major job keeping up with them.









Of course it's fall in Michigan so what comes with that is.....more work...

3 bags already!  I'm holding off  for now  since the wind has died down so leaves are hanging on the tree!  Won't last long....


Weather has been beautiful and down right hot!  We've had several days of breaking records due to temps over 80 degrees.  Too hot for me...needing to have air on....I prefer windows open. 


I have been doing some sewing...working first on the Pop Art challenge for the online art quilt group, Art Quilts Around the World.  Can't show much....but I'm making good headway, as this quilt is due November 30th. 

This is my busy time of year with holidays, BD's, Christmas gifts, projects, preparing to pack for Florida, etc.  I hope to have this piece finished by the end of October.  That will free me up to work on other projects and get ready for heading south. 

In addition to Pop Art, I did a quick project.  I saw this fabric posted on our Bichon Rocks facebook page and  I found online at JoAnn's and I ordered 2 yards!

I ended up making a zipper box bag for the wife of the man who found Gigi for us! 


Sandy will be heading to the hospital in the near future and, after she received the bag, told me she can really use it!  I'm so glad...Sandy is a sweet lady and she and Glen do so much for rescue dogs. 

So, I'll leave you with this picture that was also posted on FaceBook!  My son laughed so hard when I told him about it and again when I sent him this!  Do you think he was laughing at me?  HA



5 comments:

  1. Well…..you may not have been posting, but you haven’t been idle!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. O geez, we used to have Box elder bugs too, but when my daughter bought the house next door, she cut all the Box elder trees down. Then came the faux lady bugs. Now it's stink bugs. I hate them but the dogs love to eat them. UGH. Autumn is here all too soon.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! I needed a good laugh! We have been driving for 3 days and flying for one whole day and I am about to go stark raving mad! Love that zip pouch, I actually have several of those planned for the Volunteer\Member appreciation party when I get back in town! Great minds thing alike!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the fabric from JoAnns...might have to try and find it...also loved the corn maze...unfortunately, it's probably all too true..

    ReplyDelete
  5. That fabric is perfect!! Love it. You've been too busy to blog I can see that. Keeping up with leaves, bugs, cleaning all takes time. The deck looks nice. Elder Box bugs? Are they unique to your area like Love Bugs to Florida, or Stink Bugs to Pennsylvania? By the way, part of 441 from Ocala to Gainesville is closed for several weeks now due to flooding in Payne's Prairie from Hurricane Irma. Causing quite the traffic mess. The section affected is just south of Gainesville through the Prairie where a canal was breached, filling the Prairie and it's coming over the road-all four lanes now!

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!