My Favorite Books

Monday, August 14, 2017

Cranbrook Art Museum - Part 2

More pictures from the Alexander Girard exhibit.  Very interesting exhibit and man!  He certainly was a collector of so many different art forms, in addition to creating his own art designs.

This is a painting on tracing paper...he did this quite often.

Some of his stamp collection

What I wouldn't give for these stamps!

Pieces on top of tracing paper

Another paper cutting - at least a 12" circle - look at the detail!

Some of Girard's folk art collection

His Day of the Dead collection

I just liked these!

Some of his writings...kinda interesting if you read some of it! I'm printing this one out.

I'm so glad Carol suggested we go...she knows I'm not big on traveling long distances so it worked out for this exhibit!  I just drove to her house and she drove to the exhibit, which was only 16 miles from her house!   Thanks, Carol!

2 comments:

  1. So much to look at and study! Somehow I missed part one- going there now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you went to his exhibition, I have never heard of Alexander Girard. Now I'm going to suggest we study him in our Art Quilters group.

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!