My Favorite Books

Saturday, August 26, 2017

Busy Work

It's been a busy week and the weekend will be taken up with painting the deck!  Bob only has a few boards left to replace!

Woohoo!  I finished all the white spindles last weekend so now we can start on the beige deck painting.  Floor will be last, of course, but at least I can start scrapping and get the painting finished on the upper boards.  We're suppose to have below 80 or 90 degree weather, which will be good.  We're always painting when it's 80 or 90 degrees out!  I've said for years that it's too hot to paint in that temperature.  We'll see if painting in the 70's works better!




With rainy days this week, I have been sewing.....



I took a piece of stamped fabric I did last winter and free motion quilted the piece.  I cut out sections about 6"x8" so I can use for fabric cards.















Evenings are filled up with working on my hex pieces! I'm wearing my splint while sewing these paper pieces, which I think is helping my wrist when I sew.  There are 123 pieces here! Doesn't look like that much but it is!  I've got a ways to go since I want to do the entire piece of fabric in hex's...mainly because I don't know what I'm going to do or how many pieces I'll need.













And good old Mr. Blue is coming along!!!  His feet are all beaded and now I just hope I have enough beads left for the remainder of his body!!!  Yikes!!!














I'm also trying to decide how to quilt a background piece for my beaded leaf.  Once quilted, I'll be wrapping around a canvas.  I'll take to my fiber meeting next month for input from the ladies.


So that's my week so far!!!


4 comments:

  1. Love the fabric postcard pieces!

    As for Mr. Blue, don't sweat it. You can always finish him this way (a little more work, but worth it if you're seriously in danger of running out of beads):

    Stitch your remaining beads randomly over the area left to cover. Keep doing this until you run out of beads. Now, if you have to add beads of a slightly different color, the look will be "natural variation" rather than "funny-looking bit right there."

    Three guesses how I know this...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've made some great progress! That squirrel is going to weigh a ton when it's done! Love the leaf too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very productive week I'ld day...Mr. Blue is wonderful as is your beaded leaf!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You certainly get a lot accomplished….had to laugh at the deck photo….thinking…hummm….they will get this finished just in time before the snow begins to fall! It was one major project!

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!