My Favorite Books

Wednesday, March 9, 2016

More layering!

First, here is another shibori piece I dyed over the weekend.  I'm happy with results...now to use it in a project!
Well, what else do you do when you have 'ugly' or not so great results from dyeing or printing fabrics!  You redo them somehow!  That's what I did yesterday with some buds here in Florida.  These are all scrap pieces with exception of the blue mono printed.  That is a full yard of fabric I dyed several years ago.
Before
















After - stamping















Before

After - mono printing






























These next pieces were some of my Solar Fast failures - only because I forgot and left them out in the sun after I removed the transparency!!  Once you rinse them the dye image/print is set...big oops but a great opportunity to 'fix' the failures! All of these were stamped.



This was an old mono print I had done a few years ago so I just stamped with metallic paint. I know I can use all of these pieces somewhere in my upcoming projects!




4 comments:

Nancy said...

Great rescues! When you don't care for the result, just add layers.

Gayle from MI said...

Good save!

Createology said...

I see you have been having lots of fun playing and rejuvenating your fabrics. Those blues have me swooning! Playtime with Friends...Priceless!

Cedar Ridge Studio said...

Nice- Love the touch of purple