Earlier this week I posted on the blocks I received from our 12" block exchange this year. I love each of the pieces I received. But, I did struggle making my five blocks. First, because I thought we weren't doing the challenge...hence, I didn't meet the February 14th target date! Where was I! Oh well...they are all finished...and here's my process! This is one I kept and the other four were the same layout using the same fabrics. Pics are at the end of this post.
I decided to stamp the solid cotton suede with a stamp I had made awhile back. The fabric at the top is the mono print.
So once all the pieces were finally cut to size! and sewn together, I started to hand stitch the mono printed designs.
Not sure why that picture looks purple! But I kinda like it!
More hand stitching!
And more stitching. I just couldn't come up with a design to free motion stitch...glad I stuck with hand work.
And here are the four I mailed to Tommy, Gayle, MaryAnn and Irene! Hope they enjoyed them!