My Favorite Books

Saturday, March 7, 2015

Moving on!

Just about 99% finished with 'the bird'...then onto creating the cactus for him to stand on.  I am going to redo his beak and I'll add beads for his eye (there is a hole there right now but hard to see!) when I place him on the quilted background.
I'm surprised I made this much progress as yesterday we ended up taking Kalee into the local vet for what we think was gastritis...as the Dr. was examining her, he was examining her back legs.  Kalee has a condition called Luxating Patella...in layman terms her knees pop in and out..kinda gross if you pick her up you can feel the joints pop.  Well, as he examined her he said "wow, she won't put her weight on her leg but I didn't do anything"...hmmmmm ....I was holding her at this point so we didn't notice anything else.
Ok, off we went to go back home with meds in hand to treat her gastritis (she has a history of pancreatitis so we can't take any chances when she acts ill and besides we like to contribute to the local economy!)...digressing again....sorry about that...so when we get home Kalee can't put any weight on her back leg...tail down....really  hurting...fortunately, we were given pain meds for her gastritis so I gave her meds and put a heat source on her leg....she was in a lot of discomfort....poor baby...just about killed me...

She and I went to bed early and she slept through the night.  This morning she got up and ran, yes, ran outside to go potty.  When she came back in I thought all was well but then she started to hold her foot up in the air from time to time....ugh...so we called the vet and I took her back in.  Appears her leg was irritated and probably inflamed, hence pain/discomfort...the vet we had today was the wife of the vet we had yesterday.  I told her that her husband "broke my dog"...she laughed and after her exam, diagnosis and two shots she called her hubby at home (they work opposite weekends) and told him the same thing..."he broke our dog"...kinda funny.  Kalee is doing well now...she's on "no mile walking" until Monday but I am to keep her walking around the yard, etc.   Vet doesn't want her getting stiff.  We'll start our mile again on Monday and so far she's doing well.

Kalee can't walk her mile but I'll be doing some 'mile' walking Sunday, as I'm headed to Gainesville with some ladies to go to the Tioga Fine Art Fair.  This is an event I go to each year.  Last year I met Regina Roper who creates amazing beaded pieces.  If you're on FaceBook, you can check out some of her work...that's one of Regina's pieces on the Art Fair flyer above!  Pretty nice.  I am looking forward to meeting up with her again and drooling over her wonderful work!!!  Weather should be perfect so looking forward to a nice day.  Pics will be forthcoming!!  And my Fit Bit will be working overtime!

4 comments:

  1. Sorry to read about Kalee.......it's so distressing when our pets aren't 100% (and expensive too) Our black lab Sooty just had her annual check up to the tune of nearly $500 and there was nothing wrong with her!!! (that included heartworm pills and a flea and tick protection)....geesh...

    Enjoy your outing......looks so inspiring....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, poor Kalee! Do hope she improves quickly. Have you read or researched adding apple cider vinegar (the organic kind again, with "mother") to her food? It is supposed to aid digestion. I've been adding a little to Abby's food, and sometimes Scooter's. Enjoy the Tioga show! I went on a bus trip to the Sewing Expo last week- saw some good stuff and bought some, too. The bird looks very rich with the breast beaded now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Kaylee. I hope she feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Healing Energy for Kalee as she takes her meds and recuperates. It is never easy when our fur-children aren't feeling well. I know you will enjoy your fieldtrip. Looking forward to photos...

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!