My Favorite Books

Saturday, March 14, 2015

Horizontal or Vertical

I painted a cactus piece yesterday but now I'm not sure if I should have the piece vertical or horizontal?  Thoughts????  Size would be 16.5" x 11.5" or 11.5" x 16.5"....make sense!





The cactus will be fused down then I will  hand stitch the little bumps in the cactus.  After,  I can bead his legs, attach the bird body and fill in his eye!  



I appreciate any suggestions on placement!!  Thanks much!  Now to clean up my work space!!!



7 comments:

The Inside Stori said...

In my humnble opinion, the dyed background seems to fit the scene best in the horizontal position.....it's really a wonderful piece Robbie!

Maree said...

I prefer the horizontal orientation too.

Quilter Beth said...

This turned out SO nice. I like the horizontal orientation the best. The background seems too expansive in the vertical orientation. (IMHO)

Karen S said...

I like the horizontal better too. Your sky fabric really fits this well!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I agree that the piece seems to call horizontal. This piece is so perfect.
xx, Carol

Nancy said...

hmmm.. yes, I think horizontal might be preferable, though either could work. It's just lovely!

Createology said...

I see the comments being unanimous for horizontal cactus. Your beaded bird is so realistic and beautiful. Creative Cactus Bliss Dear...