It is one of my painted Tyvek pieces that was free motion quilted onto a background piece then burned with an iron and soldering iron. I love this technique and will miss the piece but now it gives me a chance to work on another one! like I need an excuse!
Yes, I did get to my knitting class on Tuesday and our instructor showed us how to interpret the pattern diagram! So much easier. I did start on the cap type sleeve but I'm not happy with how it looks so guess who is going to 'unknit'!!! I haven't yet and decided I will stop by the shop on Tuesday when our instructor is in. She may be able to give me words of wisdom or encouragement!
I am also working on my Flights of Fantasy piece for our online challenge group, Art Quilts Around the World. Actually, it's been basically finished for about two weeks. I think I may add some paint or stitching and then the binding (or facing) and label. Not sure if I'll get to it tomorrow on Friday after cooking for our company on Saturday or Sunday a.m.
It's due on November 1st so pics can't be posted until then. This is just a sneak peek!
So now I'll look up 'unknitting' on google!!