My Favorite Books

Sunday, December 22, 2013

Beautiful to look at but....

We had an ice storm last night...in addition to Kalee, not feeling well (that's another post!), trees were cracking and branches breaking throughout the night.  I was awake until after 4:30 a.m.  Needless to say I didn't get up until almost 9!  But I had to go out and take some pics this a.m....

 Bob and I both love this tree.  It's a Lancelot Crab and always has some type of berry on it throughout the year.  You'll always see birds in this tree and the different colors of the berries certainly add to its beauty.   
Berries are loaded even in winter...just hope no branches break!

Pictures don't show the beauty of this storm...there's a positive in everything, right!  

And of course I can't turn my image!  What's up with that...I took the pic portrait style but did edit and turn it...for some reason, I won't upload the way I edit it...hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm  

Today is cleaning and laundry day...tomorrow dog groomer, final grocery shopping, library then start some cooking.  I didn't get to have lunch with Dawn and Kris on Friday so I'm looking forward to seeing all the kids on Christmas Eve!!!  
10:00 a.m. update:  Just talked to Amber...she spent the night at Auntie's andt their electricity went out at midnight and still not on!  Yikes!  Guess we are quite lucky so far!!  

3 comments:

  1. Yes, it's quite breathtaking...and I'm glad I'm doing that from a far distance. We are getting buckets and buckets of rain, an all dayer they say...unusual for the mountains. At least it isn't snow.

    Sounds like you didn't lose power....a VERY good thing when you have so much preparation to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful indeed, but hope you don't lose any branches. The power stayed on okay? Hope Kalee gets better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is still a miserable 40 degrees here. IT is so depressing. I would love to have your weather.

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!