My Favorite Books

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Idle hands? Not!

I certainly haven't been idle this week but not much accomplished in art work....unless you count my Watercolor Lettering class...I did finish a few practice pieces for our 2nd lesson.  I'm having a problem with perspective and proportion in my letters so I'm going back to lesson 1 to work on this part of lettering.
Attempt 1

Attempt 2


Really bad attempt 2!


Back to lesson 1!




I'll keep practicing...and I'm still enjoying Val's class.  She does explain and show in her video's great instructions...I'm just a slow learner!

Bob painted over half of the deck yesterday so today I'll start on the spindles and railing.  He'll paint the other half later this week.  New carpeting is suppose to be re-installed on Tues., Wed. is kids day - paddle boat time; Thursday lunch with my friend Joan and Friday a visit with another friend to do some fabric organizing.
My friend, Mary, had her hip replaced last Tues., headed to her daughter's on Friday but ended up back in ER yesterday due to swelling, which they think was caused by BP meds.  She is/was walking around more and said she felt better.  Here's hoping she keeps up the good work!!!  And no more visits to ER!!!

2 comments:

  1. Your lettering is lovely and how fun to keep practicing. Healing energy for your friend Mary in her hip replacement recovery. Enjoy your week ahead dear...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I think this counts! It takes time and concentration to master something like this, and your work is looking very good. Hope Mary improves rapidly- not fun. Enjoy the paddle boating. Fingers crossed for the carpeting.

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!