My Favorite Books

Friday, May 31, 2013

Another one finished and lots more to do!

I finished my Out of Asia piece for the online Art Quilts Around The World challenge!  I did finish it yesterday!  Wahoo!

This is a piece of shibori which I tied and dyed a few years back.  I've always wondered what to do with it and the challenge was a perfect opportunity for me to use the fabric.  It's FMQ along with LOTS of hand stitching and a little beading!
Some more detail shots....

I don't know what the next challenge is...guess I should check that out!  In between time, I have to finish up my 12"x12" square challenge pieces and finish beading Zachary so I can put him on my Dr. Seuss piece!

Time to get busy!

4 comments:

Kay Koeper Sorensen said...

What a great piece. You never cease to amaze me with the diversity of your work.

Mary Stori said...

Ditto what Kay commented......and on a personal note....ahhhhh red and blue....the PERFECT color combination....I never tire of it!

Lynn Cohen said...

Beautiful. What is FMQ? Love the stitching and the hand dyed fabric.

Createology said...

I love this piece you have created. The colors are dramatic and your stitchings both hand and machine are spectacular. Beautiful work dear...