My Favorite Books

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

A sad day today...

Bob and I are getting ready to attend the funeral for our friend, Jerry.  Bob and Jerry have golfed together at least one day a week for years and years!  When they both worked, they were on the same golf league.  Since retirement, they've golfed together every Wednesday and some weeks twice.  We would meet with Jerry and his wife, Joan, for dinner and drinks, which were always fun evening.
 I remember one time, they came back to our house for coffee and dessert.  We sat and talked, had coffee...they left and as soon as they pulled away I remembered I forgot to serve the dessert I made!!!  Jerry and Joan had a good laugh over that one!  I just blushed each time I saw them after that. 

So goodbye our friend...you always had a smile and kind word for everyone!  We'll miss you!  But we'll never forget you.

2 comments:

  1. I am very sad for your loss. Having such great memories will help to ease the pain of losing such a good friend. Blessings...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry for your loss. Jerry's passing will leave a big void in your lives... especially felt every Wednesday. God grant eternal rest for Jerry and comfort for Joan and all of you, his friends.

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!