My Favorite Books

Monday, July 16, 2012

Finishing up some projects




I made this fiber card for our friend, Joan, who lost her husband last week.  Back in May, I remember watching Vice Presiden Biden give a talk to military families.  He was talking to the families on the sacrifice they and their loved ones have made for our country.
  I was struck by one of his comments and I actually wrote down the saying.  You can read his speech here.  Mr. Biden was discussing the loss of his wife and daughter and he made this comment...


I printed this on Joan's card and it fits perfectly with our losing Jerry.  Bob and I have talked more about how happy of a person Jerry was and how we have a smile on our face thinking about him. 

I also finished two other projects and now I can  finish up some more and start some more!  Yippee!  Binding all done on these two pieces and they're in the mail!
And I finished this cuff on the loom. It too is in the mail!

I really like these magnetic clasps on the cuffs.  So now my loom is empty!  But I did pick up a magazine at JoAnn's yesterday.  It was a special edition on peyote patterns...I know one is calling my name!

2 comments:

Nancy said...

It's a good feeling to get some projects completed. The postcard and quote will be a comfort I'm sure. I'll send you a "wish list" of items needed in the craft program... thanks for asking. Support for their efforts is always welcome.

Emma Riley said...

There are many advantages in using magnetic clasps. The most know advantage will be that it helps to securely bond the elements together. We can see a clasps in almost every jewelry, whether it is a bangle or an ear ring. A magnetic clasp can make the jewelry much more attractive. More over these it has some scientifically proven advantages. The continuous use of these helps in increasing the oxygen supply to the blood, which in turn create heat among the body tissues.

magnetic clasps