Sunday, June 24, 2012
What do you do on a warm summer day!
Bob and I sat out most of yesterday afternoon on the deck, so it was a perfect time to tie up these pieces. Today I mixed up some dyes and Kalee and I worked in my dye area! Sitting out in the hot sun in a baggie sure does the trick!
This piece above started out as white, then I added some yellow dye, then the mid range brilliant blue. I finally got some definition showing my white lines that were tied!
This next piece was a fat quarter orange hand dyed I did several years ago...I just used the dark blue dye and let the orange come through.
For this next piece...This actually was one of my first attempts that turned out quite light with hardly any definition of my tied lines. So I retied the piece and added black just so I could see more clearly where I'm not getting enough dye down into the folds. This piece is really nice too.
This is what the piece above looked like before I redid the 'retie'! Interesting, isn't it! You can see where I didn't get enough dye in the folds the first time.