My Favorite Books

Monday, June 4, 2012

FMQ June Challenge

This month's FMQ challenge from SewCalGal is a tutorial by Cindy Needham.  Cindy's work is beautiful!!  She works a lot in quilting old linens and hankies...check out her gallery and the whole cloth pieces and miniatures she has created.
I had this piece of Radiance I dyed in Florida this winter and it's been basted and just waiting for some FMQ!  Cindy is showing us how to create free form designs so here's my piece so far.  I'm hooked on these feathers...I never could do them but now it's getting easier...just proof FMQ practice does work!

In the picture above, you can see where I'm trying my hand at filling in 1" squares with a cathedral type design.  I've only done the horizontal so far (depending on which way your turn the piece!). 

I haven't done any of the 'old stippling' in ages so that was fun to fill in spots.  Not sure how I'll fill in other areas but it's a good practice piece.  It's not small...it's a good yard in length.

And here are some of my folded shibori pieces from the Mandala online class.  These are small pieces and I'm itching to get started on our next lesson, which is stitching. 
Well, off to walk little one, then get cleaned up to meet my friend for lunch.  Beautiful day today..sunny...no rain...perfect for walking!

1 comment:

  1. This looks really pretty, and the Cathedral Window motif is a nice filler. More fabric fun! I've not done much of late, so no blog updates. Plus I lost my camera and have had to get a new one, which I did yesterday!

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!