My Favorite Books

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Vist with my sister!

I'm hoping this will become my 'annual' visit with my sister in Florida each year! Sure beats one of us driving 6-8 hours from Michigan to Pennsylvania! My sister and her partner only live 114 miles from Ocala so it's an easy trip...especially while listening to a book on my Ipod! Kalee slept the entire way, which was a good thing! She and her 'cousins' played the entire time we were visiting!
My sister, MaryAnn, made dinner for 10 of us and the dinner was wonderful!!! We had "pork" (NOT! actually chicken, which is another story); fingerling potatoes, asparagus, the best salad ever, grilled shrimp and rum cake for dessert (made by a wonderful neighbor). The company and food were SO good and we had more laughs than I can remember! although, usually my time with Mary Ann and Nancy end up in laughs so last night was another one of those nights!
The lanai was all set with the table setting and there were two heaters so everyone would be comfortable at night! They were perfect! This is Nancy's mom...she and Kalee became good friends.

We started off with appetizers, one being bruschetta which was made by a neighbor! And Christmas sausage, roasted pepper dip/crackers and I'm sure more that I don't remember! I have to apologize because I won't/don't remember every one's names so I'm not putting any ones names down on this post!!

Here we are out on the lanai having dinner. You should have seen the sunset in person! It was beautiful!

I arrived around noon on Monday and Kalee got to meet her cousins! This is Sherry introducing herself! The dogs were a hoot! You can see more doggie pics on Kalee's blog here.

And this was my little girl when we got home. She's still taking it easy and sleeping more than she's walking around! Maybe we need to get another puppy to keep her busy! Hmmmm now that's an idea!
Thank you MaryAnn and Nancy again for a WONDERFUL 24 hour visit!!! I had the best time and look forward to our next visit.

2 comments:

  1. What a nice day... and "rent-a-puppy" is not a bad idea! You could have one in for the afternoon, and then she'll sleep while you bead and sew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a packed full of fun 24 hours! The puppies are so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!