My Favorite Books

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Working away in the heat




Yep, working away in the heat! I finished the 'beading on the loom' for my 2nd cuff bracelet! I have to take it off the loom, weave the ends and add a clasp, which I'll buy on Wed. at the bead shop in Oxford. I love my 1st cuff and wear it often. The colors in this one aren't showing up as nice as they are in person...the brown beads are a cinnamon lined Topaz luster (DB0287)! That's a mouth full but a really nice color. I wear a lot of beige so I know I'll wear this one a lot too.

I also finished sewing down the binding on one of the Twins today while watching The Bachlorette and Big Brother! Yes, I'm a closet reality kinda gal! What can I say!

Now some good news! Our 'Tommy Slice Project' was juried into the IQA show in Houston this fall! How cool is that! It's my 2nd time with a entry juried into Houston but both were in the group category! Does that tell you I need help from my friends! The quilt is juried in and that's pretty exciting.


On another note, my friend Susan from Florida (I've posted about her beautiful applique work on my blog many times!) has been winning with her quilts this past month! She took 1st place for her Homage To Spring quilt & 2nd place for 256 Blocks quilt in their categories at the Minnesota Quilt Show. Susan made enough $$'s with these winnings to buy lots and lots of fabric! Then I received another email from her this past week that she won 3 more ribbons!! This was at a show in Ohio! Susan has her Homage to Spring quilt showing the end of this month at a big show in Hersey, Pennsylvania. I'm sure she'll win another ribbon! Her workmanship is the best as is her choice of design and colors. Susan is the one who came up with a unique reverse applique technique and she's generously shared with me! That's the technique I'm using on my applique piece, Georgia on my Mind.

Temps have been in the 90's again!! This is more like Florida weather! Thank goodness for air conditioning!!!

1 comment:

  1. The bracelet is lovely. I'm a "beige" wearer, too, so it really appeals. Congrats on the group quilt going to Houston! It's amazing to me that Florida is more comfortable this summer than many other states. Florida in the summer... another myth dispelled. Stay cool.

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!