My Favorite Books

Monday, January 31, 2011

Honestly, I have been doing art work!

First off...CONGRATS to my friend Susan! Her stained class piece has been juried in to the IQA Spring show. I can't show the quilt (until she wins!) but I'm showing one of her quilts she finished a year or so ago. This is ALL hand pieced and hand quilted. I believe it's 200+ different ways for triangles. I know that's not a correct title but you need to click on the picture to get the full beauty of her work and workmanship. Anyway, I'm really excited for Susan. Just wait until you see the piece that was accepted! It's AMAZING!!!







It's hard to follow work by Susan! Just remember this is just my sample piece I'm working on for my online embroidery class with Susan Sorrell. We're on lesson 3 and doing some basic embroidery stitches. It's nice to have some of Susan's insight on embroidery stitching and suggestions for changing them up by elongating or not being so 'perfect' with your stitches.

It's hard for me to NOT try and make the stitches all match up, yada, yada...but then it gives me a good excuse when they don't!



We'll be getting lesson 4 this week and I hope to sign up for another of Susan's classes.

Today is finishing up the edges on my fiber Valentines so I can get in the mail the end of this week. Tomorrow I'm going to post some of the finished cards for friends that don't use the Internet to look at my blog.

AND my friend Carol and I are signing up for a cooking class at The Dish! We are both pretty excited about the class but it's not until the end of February. It's called the Fundamentals of cooking. Along with wine (of course!) here is our menu and what the chef will be cooking for us!
  • French Onion Soup
  • Classic Caesar Salad
  • Chicken Piccata
  • Mocha Custard with crème anglaise
Sounds good doesn't it!! I can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. Your embroidery is looking good! Familiar, too, since I did take a class with Susan and enjoyed it. Good luck with the chef's class.. it sounds delish. That's an interesting shop/restaurant.

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!