This was the gelatin mono print I did at our CCC Sept meeting. I thought it would be perfect as a background for some stitching and beading for my Oct. Art of Nature journal quilts. I finished quilting it last week so started on some stitching and beading this week. This shows some hand stitching.
I started adding some bead work this week. This color pic is a lot more true to what it looks like...not sure about the coloring on the pic above. A photographer I am not!
Here is a closeup of the beading. I reference Margart Ball's book, 'Embeadery' often in my beadwork. I love her book and other beader's books as well. In fact, I just sent in an order for two of Robin Atkin's books! Can't wait for those!!
This is a piece I did back in 2007. I had the hand dyed background piece which was quite small and I had some painted tyvek pieces so what else to do but combine them. I still couldn't figure out what to do after I quilted and burned the tyvek so again, what not add some beading to it. I think this was the first time I tried some of Margaret Ball's Embeadery techniques.
Here's a closeup of the beading. It turned out to be one of my favorite 'scrap' pieces!