My Favorite Books

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

No art work today

Babysitting today so no time for art. I did work on beading my shibori piece last night . I bought some Miyuki 15/0 seed beads. They're quite small but I think they'll give the piece a bit of 'shine' along the curves (which I hand stitched).
Went to RA Dr. yesterday...I need to decide what to do regarding treatment. Dr. wants me to start on a new drug called Methotrexate . Only problem this drug contains a "tiny amount of chemo" per Dr. They have to check your liver enzymes monthly to make sure no problems are hitting those organs.
I was on Prednisone along with two other RA drugs which only the Prednisone was working. Actually, Prednisone is a drug that impacts the immune system to block it from creating the inflammatory process that causes the pain in the joints. it only takes away the discomfort but it doesn't do anything to slow the process, which is what Methotrexate will do.
Geezzzz I need to spend some major time researching...just can't decide what to do right now. I'm only in the early stages of RA...so maybe I just need to suck it up and deal with it right now...only problem is it even hurts to 'suck it up'! Frustrating for sure..but I'm still in better shape then a lot of folks..need to count my blessings...so onward and upward and get knowledgeable to make the right decision for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!