My Favorite Books

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Grand Kids,Grand Food and a Grand Weekend!!



OK, so this blog won't interest anyone but family (hmmm maybe they won't even care!) but I need to post it so in my old age I'll be able to look back and remember! Let's hope!

So, Thursday I started off picking up kids from school then on to the library for our 'book' and DVD fix. Amber did get two books on CD which we've listened to in the car (it's really a good book..June B. somebody!). Then to home to make Taco's! Kids helped and we had a good meal. Then outside to play. The girls (Amber's friends) played Hanna Montana (what else is there to play!) and Nick decided to fly his kite.
After flying the kite, Nick challenged Grandma to a game of basketball. So what's up with a score of 4 - 8 and I didn't get the 8! Little bugger kept stealing the ball and shooting! Well, I wore him out...ok, he wore me out and it was time to go inside and do homework. Which they did willingly! Nick read from his school book and did a great job. Amber read as well and I'm so impressed with their reading skills.


Our littlest reader!

So after school on Friday we were waiting for Auntie to come over. I mentioned Grand Food in this blog title and it was because Dawn fed me/us again! I feel like I have had my own chef with Mother's Day and this weekend. Dawn brought on Friday some of her spaghetti and turkey balls, salad and we made mac and cheese for Nick and leftover Italian Gardens pasta. Amber and I made chocolate duo cups for dessert when we got home from school so we surprised Auntie with that part of the dinner.

On Sat. we got up and after it warmed up some went outside. Yep, had to play some more one on one with Nick...no, I still didn't beat him. I think I had 4 or 5 points but he did get 10! And I even stole the ball from him a few times!

So now Nick and I decided to race our trucks down the driveway. This is me checking out the truck he gave me to race with. Sure didn't seem as fast as his truck & it wasn't!



We just sent the trucks off - you can see the flash of yellow on the bottom left...that's Nick's hummer off and running!
We're pushing off for the 20th time! No, I never beat him in this either!


This was from Thursday...still flying that kite!



This was the money shot of Hanna!


Getting a 'new' Hanna ready for her show (the girls took turns being Hanna).










On Saturday, I surprised the kids with the new Crayola 3-D kit (really cheap with your JoAnn's coupon! Thanks, Carol T.!). This is a fun play item. Kept the kids busy for a long time and me too! You use the chalk to make designs and then put on your 3-D glasses. The chalk colors pop right up!


Someone had to give directions.



Some more of our art work!


This is a really neat 'toy'! Kids loved it and so did I! Really fun!



Not so much fun!



So Amber wanted to do her Pottery Wheel gift she got last year (not sure if it was her birthday or Christmas and not sure if it was Santa or who but.....) The box cover sure makes it look easy. NOT! This was a bugger...now I know why you pay so much for good ceramic pieces! So does Amber!


What's the big deal! It's a piece of cake!


This about says it all for Amber and I!


She did get into it and we did end up making a small vessel.


See two finished! But grandma broke Amber's in the morning. You have to take it off the wheel to dry! Duh! Sorry, baby!!! We'll try it again sometime soon!





Yes, Amber, you need to take these things up to your room! And grandma knows you took pictures with her camera! Remember we have eyes in the back of our head!




Amber and Libby painting before dinner on Saturday.





Auntie made Sea Bass for her and I, which was fantastic! Auntie also had roasted potatoes, salad, pizza rolls with eggplant and she also made cake for dessert! She's such a good cook so I felt waited on all weekend with the food! Plus, it was so nice to spend time with Dawn. With her work schedule and play schedule, we don't get much time together. THANKS HONEY!!!


Nick helping Auntie make pizza on Sat. That's what they wanted for dinner.


Amber elected to continue painting rather then make pizza.



After dinner on Sat. kids wanted to play Monopoly which was fun but some of us were getting tired and some of us were getting broke! So it worked out well for all! Had our dessert, then kids had baths and after Auntie left, we curled up on the floor to watch the Grisly Bear special on NatGeo! Good show!




Sunday rolled around and we met Auntie at Wilson's Wienie's here in Goodrich for breakfast of blueberry pancakes and crisp bacon. Yum!! Auntie had to run off to Costco and Target and get back home to pack up. She'll be up at 3:00 a.m. to get to her flight at metro @ 6:00 a.m.


The kids came back to grandma and grandpa's house to wait for Darrin and Kris. So we had to do some 'crafts' of course! We did some stamping on paper and on puzzle pieces. Then outside to walk Mandy. After a snack, they wanted to paint rocks. This seems to be the thing to do at our house. I can remember Kayla and Ian painting rocks too. Something about the rocks at our house.


"But, grandma, I have to find just the right rock! "


Just what they need - more painted rocks! I'm sure mom and dad will be thrilled!




The Artist at work!



So that was our Anniversary Weekend! I know Kris and Darrin had fun and I had a great time as well. Probably Grandpa was the only lonely one but he did have Mandy with him and he was only alone on Sat. and Sunday for a little while!
So in addition to the grand food I had this weekend, check out what Kris and Darrin brought me back from Sutton's Bay! Wine and Cherry Pie!!! YUM!
So thanks to all my kids for giving me some great memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!