My Favorite Books

Saturday, April 18, 2009

The weekend

Friday a friend and I went to a local quilters guild meeting (Genesee Star Quilters Guild). It was really nice to see all the ladies again. They are a wonderful group and quite talented. There was a very interesting lecture in the afternoon by Sheila DeRose who does beautiful Japanese designs. Her focus is on using The Elements (color, angles, lines, etc.) together in your work. I certainly learned a lot from this woman and can see why certain pieces of art I do work better then others!
Oh, one little note...I think I left my camera at the guild meeting...hence, no pics to show today. So I pulled this small quilt I made two years ago (I think that time frame!). It was part of a challenge our group of 6 did. We had a picture of a Beta Fish that we each did our interpretation of. Mine was made with painted bubble wrap then loads of beads! I couched fibers down for sea weed after free motion quilting the background. There are tons of beads in this bugger but it was really fun to make.
Weather is beautiful today which is good. Darrin is in a 10 hour adventure race!! At least it's not raining for him!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!