My Favorite Books

Friday, March 6, 2009

Lunch, Betty Crocker & Spring

Friday, Carol and I ate lunch at a market and deli called Aioli's. Really good and unique food. We each had their vegetarian panini sandwich with roasted red peppers, arugula, fresh mozzarella! cheese and of course aioli sauce. Wow! What a treat. For my side dish, I had cheese tortellini and Carol had the house pasta. My tortellini was so good I purchased a container to take home. They only have about four tables (for two) so it's primarily a take out market. What a great find and only 6 miles from the house. Good thing we only have 3 1/2 weeks left! I can feel the pounds coming on!

So after our great lunch and a trip to the library, I came home and made my Plantation creme cookies for the Weavers Guild meeting today (Sat.). I'm also making the Ina's sticky bun recipe along with the cookies. We need a treat before lunch as well as after so I thought the sticky buns would be good!
If you like chocolate chip cookies and you also like a drop/soft cookie, try this. It's a recipe from my great aunt who raised me. These were always such a treat when I was young...OK, now that I'm old they are still a treat! 1 cup margarine

1 cup brown sugar (or 1/2 granulated and 1/2 brown)

1 cup sour cream (or 2tablespoons white vinegar added to 1 cup of milk)

1 1/2 tsp vanilla

2 eggs (I have used egg beaters)

2 tsp. baking powder

3 3/4 cups flour

1 1/2 cups chocolate chips

Cream margarine & brown sugar together; then add eggs to brown sugar/margarine mixture and beat gently. In a separate bowl mix baking powder and flour; alternate sour cream or milk with the flour mixture into the cream mixture, adding vanilla in at some point. When all the flour and liquid have been mixed add chocolate chips. Drop by tablespoon onto parchment lined baking sheet and bake 12-15 min. @ 350 degrees.

So, look what's out along the side of the house! Flowers..the azalea's are starting to bloom on the bushes around here. Some homes are just loaded with them so I think that means Florida is now coming into spring! It was suppose to be in the 60's back in Michigan today but rain for the next few days. Darrin has a race today and I sure hope he does well without any injuries. It might be raining but it's better then the snow and ice which he's run in before. I'll be thinking of him often today.

1 comment:

  1. The azaleas are gorgeous - and we DID have warm weather yesterday, and rain today. SO ready for Spring.

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!