My Favorite Books

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Weather and playing

I've been playing with painting my quilted pieces which is a technique shown by several different fiber artists. Judy Perez (see the link for Painted Threads on my sidebar) does beautiful work creating whole cloth pieces by painting the piece before quilting. Irene Bluhm has a book called 'Quilts of a Different Color' which got me started painting my quilted pieces. Linda and Laura Kemshall also do quite a bit of painting on quilted pieces. There's so much inspiration out there! And of course I love books! Here's a piece that I colored with chalk on wet fabric, quilted it then painted the leaves. I'm working on a larger piece that I'll be sharing with my fiber groups then I'll post pics. I'm really excited about my next project.
This is a closeup of quilting and painting (I use fabric paints)
This piece is a journal quilt which measures 8 1/2" x 11"
Woke up to a drizzle this a.m., actually it was raining pretty good around 5:00 a.m. It's overcast right now but rain is suppose to stop. They do need the rain here as all the lawns are quite brown. This was mostly due to the cold winter Florida had. It's so funny that the 'cold' winter wasn't cold to us. Well, the early morning 20degree weather was cold but if you stood outside with the sun on you it didn't feel like a Michigan 20 degree. Temps always rise during the day so it never stayed that cold. Yesterday was beautiful and 78 the last I looked. Again, we have that delightful breeze. It's so nice to have the windows open at night. Sun is out now so need to get my real work done before I get to play!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!