My Favorite Books

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Start of another week

Here it is Monday already and we've been here almost a week! Seems like we've been here for months! It certainly does feel like home here in Florida which is a good thing! Other than I do miss my family and friends but sometimes I'm so busy it's hard to miss anything or anyone! Anyway, here are some pictures from the back of our house.
This is a picture of what we see each morning having our coffee, reading the paper and eating our breakfast. Our rental house sits on the 2nd tee of the golf course (gee, don't I sound like a golfer!). The tee box is actually to the far left at the top of the picture. It's quite a pretty sight each morning and fun to watch the golfers on the course at 7:00 a.m.! Crazy aren't they!

This next picture is looking from our lani on the other side of the kitchen (it's a room off from the formal dining room). For you northern folks, lani is just a fancy name for a screened in porch..but it's quite nice. It's where I do most of my painting on fabric. I can sit at the table relaxed and look out at the pond and golf course. It's really relaxing to hear the fountain in the morning and at night (they do shut it off around 8:00 p.m. and turn it on around 7:00 a.m.). The pond is actually a DRA where they catch all the rain water and use it to water the golf course.

So that will give my family and friends an idea of what we see from the back of our house. I'll get around to sending pics from other angles of the house as well. Today I did some painting of my 2nd frog and did play with making some cat tails for my piece as well...but that was about it. Lots of computer work, talking on the phone, going for my walk, taking Mandy for a golf cart ride and making a nice dinner of Chicken Enchiladas and Margarita's! What a life!

1 comment:

  1. hehe - my grandmother used to use the term "lanai" - you made me think of her. Those are some beautiful views, Robbie - and I have to say the lack of snow on that grass is very inviting! Glad you're enjoying your time!

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!