My Favorite Books

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

International ATC Exchange

OK, for those of you who don't know what the heck an ATC is...it's a fiber card you make in the size of a trading card (2 1/2" x 3 1/2"). Hence, the name Artist Trading Card (ATC). You can make an ATC using fabric, paper, cardboard as your base, then embellish it with beading, yarns, threads..anything you can find or like. Back in December, I sent in three ATC's I made to the International ATC exchange (click on this link to see more about the exchange). I received my three ATC's from the exchange today! Two of the cards I received are by artists in South Carolina, Pam Freck (embroidered ATC on the right) & Joni Feddersen (orange ATC) and Lisa Lloyd (bottom left) who is from Washington State.
ATC's are fun to make and a good way to exchange work with other artists. These were quite popular several years ago with fiber artists and now so are fiber postcards. You just make the fiber post card larger - the same size as a post card you would receive in the mail. You'll be seeing some of my fiber cards after Valentine's Day. I just wanted to share with you my 'gift' for today!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, just wanted to stop by and thankyou for your lovely ATC that I got in trade. It's Awesome!!! I love the decorative border stitch and the stitched open holes. So cool! Wanda in SE Ohio

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!