My Favorite Books

Friday, January 9, 2009

Friday - Shopping Day

This is just one of many, little lizards that roam everywhere...most of them are missing part of their tail! They aren't any bigger then 3 inches and cute. This little guy was on the window last year. Just wanted to post a picture of something!

Yep, just another shopping day today but this time with my better half. Bob didn't golf this a.m. so we went to WalMart for groceries and to a department store for him! Just did a lot of browsing but it was a relaxing day for sure.

Yesterday my three friends and I had a great 'girls day out' at the Villages. We arrived before noon and ate lunch at a Tai restaurant which was a first for me. It was really quite good and I'd try their food again. After lunch, we just walked all of the shops (and walked around and into LOTS of golf carts!) You have to see this place! Everyone has their own golf cart but they look like cars and folks drive and park them where cars are usually parked! It's just a fun place and everyone is always so upbeat! In addition to the novelty golf carts, there are dress shops, dog shops!, bead stores, furnishings, wine shops!...you name it and they have it. Some very unique stores which was fun and gives you ideas for decorating and for art! Of course, we had to take a break from all the walking and have dessert! And boy did we have dessert! I couldn't eat 1/4th of mine! It was flourless chocolate cake (I did take home a Mounds cake which was better!) and two of the ladies had a chocolate cake with cheesecake in one of the layers which looked and was agreed upon that it was the best! One of my friends bought some smoked white fish for her hubby (she stopped over today and said he ate some for lunch and thought it was good!). We'll stop back at this 'deli' again sometime for lunch & dessert!

I did get my background painted fabric sandwiched and ready for quilting and I quilted a small journal piece for one of my fiber groups (which is due the end of the month as well!). Frogs are just waiting for their water!

Tomorrow is the Florida Weaver's Guild meeting. I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone and to see what they've been working on for the past 9 months. It's also the 'unveiling' of our weaver's challenge so I'll have lots of pics to show what everyone did on Sunday.

It was quite cool again this morning but the day turned out beautiful, which is typical here in Ocala. It was 70.3 when we took Mandy for her golf cart ride @ 4:45 p.m. Until tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. Yes, that IS a cute lizard! Sounds like a great day. Praying your guild is lots of fun today.

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!